The Life Coaching Academy says NO to domestic and family violence!!!
KNOW THE FACTS:
* A woman is killed almost every week by a current or former partner
* One in three women have experienced physical violence since the age of 15
* Almost one in five woman have experienced sexual assalt
Around the world:
* The World Health Organisation estimates at least one in three women will be beaten, raped or otherwise abused during their lifetime
* In most cases of domestic violence the abuser is a member of the family
RECOGNISE THE SIGNS:
* You notice changes in her or her childrens behaviour. She appears frightened or anxious.
* She seems afraid or nervous around her partner, constantly keeping the peace
* She may have unlikely injuries or bruises or is often unwell or has silly accidents
* Her partner controls all aspects of her life: – finances, friends, work and social life
* Her partner may also be overly possessive or jealous
* Her children seem fearful or on edge in his company or at the mention of his name..
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Listen without judging
2. Let her make decisions for herself
3. Refer her to a specialist service
It can be hard to know what to do for the best, and often people are reticent to bring up what is often thought to be a very private family or intimate matter.
Domestic Violence can happen to anyone. It can take many forms and involve violent, abusive or intimidating behaviour carried out by a partner, family member of carer.
Domestic Violence is never the victims fault. Its not just a personal issue, its a community one!!!
To support go to: