Social Media Guide: Digital Badging for ICF Credentials
You worked hard to earn your ICF Credential, including hours of training, years of coaching experience, and preparing for and successfully passing knowledge and performance evaluations. Through digital badging, you can share your professional achievements online in a secure and verified way.
ICF is pleased to partner with Credly’s Acclaim platform to bring this service to all ICF Credential-holders.
Your badge is a digital representation of your ICF Credential and it allows you to show your clients, employers, colleagues and friends:
- Your credential award date and date of expiration
- The competencies you demonstrated to earn your ICF Credential
- Each required step to earn your ICF Credential
- The work you do to maintain your ICF Credential and stay fit for purpose as an ICF-credentialed coach.
Digital badges make it easy to share with others that you are part of the distinguished community of ICF-credentialed coaches, representing the global gold standard in professional coaching.
Getting Started: Accepting your New ICF Digital Badge
The first step to managing and sharing your new ICF Credential digital badge is to accept it. You will receive an email from the firstname.lastname@example.org informing you that you have a new badge to accept from the International Coaching Federation.
There is no fee for this service, and you are not required to accept the badge.
Upon receipt of the invitation email from Credly-Acclaim, simply click the “Accept your badge” button in the email, create an account on the YourAcclaim website, and accept your badge.
If this is your first digital badge award through the Credly-Acclaim system, you will be asked to set up an account.
If you already have an active Credly-Acclaim account, you will simply be asked to sign in to your account to claim your badge.
Once you have created and signed into your Credly-Acclaim account, you will be able to accept your pending digital badge.
Sharing your Digital Badge
After accepting your badge, you will be directed to the “Share Badge” screen on the Credly-Acclaim site. Here, you can share your badge directly from the Acclaim platform by choosing which social media platform(s) you would like to connect to.
Linking to Your Digital Badge
To share in other online spaces, digital platforms or communications, you may also simply link to your ICF Credential digital badge. Simply copy the unique URL to your ICF Credential digital badge from your Acclaim profile and paste it when and where you want to share it!
You can copy and paste your badge URL from the Acclaim platform and send it directly to some via email or text, use it to hyperlink badge visuals used in email signatures, or include the URL on a digital resume for one-click verification.
Embedding Your Digital Badge on a Website or Blog
You may also want to include your ICF Credential digital badge on your professional or corporate website, blog site, or wherever you have an online presence. To embed your badge, copy and paste the unique code provided on your Acclaim profile into your website or blog.
Download Your Badge to Use on Your Email Signature or Print Materials
To use your ICF Credential digital badge in your email signature, on print materials such as resumes or business cards, or other documents, you can download the image of your digital badge on the Acclaim platform. Using the sliding scale in the Download Badge feature, you can also adjust the size of the image you wish to download, to make it the perfect size for its document destination.
To hyperlink your ICF Credential badge in a digital document or in your email signature, simply download the badge image at your preferred size, then copy the badge URL to create a hyperlink for the image.
Social Media Posts
We know you take great pride in being an ICF-credentialed coach, and in maintaining your ICF Credential through your Continuing Coach Education and professional development.
With built-in social sharing features through the Acclaim platform, your new ICF Credential digital badge makes it easy to share your accomplishment on social media platforms, to brand yourself as an #ICFCoach, part of a distinguished community of coaches who have earned an ICF Credential—the global gold standard in professional coach credentialing.
Do you want to customize your social shares of your #ICFDigitalBadge? Following are some sample posts to get you started. Just copy, paste and share!
Be sure to include #ICFDigitalBadge in your post!
- The world needs credentialed coaches now, more than ever. That’s why I am proud to share my #ICFDigitalBadge, so you can easily verify my coaching credentials and swiftly receive the support you need during these trying times.
- In a time of uncertainty, we know that coaching still works! My #ICFDigitalBadge represents the knowledge and skills I’ve demonstrated as an ICF-Credentialed coach and my commitment to supporting you.
- These are challenging days, and I want to offer you my support. My #ICFDigitalBadge is much more than a badge to me, it represents my dedication to my community and to the high standards of the coaching profession.
- My commitment to supporting communities through coaching is a responsibility that I do not take lightly. My #ICFDigitalBadge represents this commitment and I am honored to share it with you all!
- In this day in age, truth is critical. That’s why I am grateful to share my #ICFDigitalBadge with hopes to help you find the support you need.
- High standards and professionalism are not just terms but terms that I live by and how I run my coaching practice. My #ICFDigitalBadge demonstrates this and I am so excited to share it with you!
- Top. Notch. I am a dedicated, professional coach and my #ICFDigitalBadge allows me to share that with the rest of the world.
- My credentials aren’t new, but my digital badge is! Check out my #ICFDigitalBadge by Credly Acclaim.
- Verified! I worked hard to earn my ICF Credential, and my #ICFDigitalBadge allows me to share my achievements with the rest of the world!
- Thanks to ICF and Credly’s Acclaim platform, I can now showcase my ICF credentials with my free #ICFDigitalBadge! Check it out!