Here are 100 ways you can cultivate a life of joy, starting today…
1. Forget what everyone else wants you to be, and be who you want you to be instead.
2. Fall in love with you.
3. Get dressed up and go out at least once a week.
. Learn a new language.
5. Travel to places you’ve never been before.
6. Do one thing every day that makes you laugh out loud.
7. Write a list of 100 things you want to do and work your way through the list.
8. Forgive yourself.
9. Forgive others + let go of any grudges you hold.
10. Love, freely.
11. Get close to nature.
12. Learn the art of graciousness.
13. Let go of regrets and what might have been.
14. Keep dreaming new dreams.
15. Take more bubble baths.
16. Learn to be vulnerable; wear your heart on your sleeve.
17. Go exploring and get lost.
18. Stop worrying about tomorrow.
19. Take up a hobby you’ve always wanted to try.
20. Tell people about all the wonderful things in your life, rather than dwelling on the negatives.
21. Show love and affection to those you care for.
22. Give thanks, everyday.
23. Let go of what it means to be perfect.
24. Read more books.
25. Make connections with likeminded people.
26. Spend time exploring your creative side.
27. Do what you love.
28. Make time everyday to do something for you.
29. Smile at strangers.
30. Go salsa dancing.
31. Be present in each and every moment, savouring it and delight in how wonderful it is to be alive.
32. Do one thing every day that scares you; push the boundaries + feel the adrenalin high.
33. Show everyone you meet with the same level of love and kindness that you want people to show to you.
34. Learn to meditate.
35. Get outside and bask in the glorious sunshine.
36. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
37. Look around and soak up the beauty all around you.
38. Write a hand-written letter to someone you love, telling them how much they meant to you.
39. Celebrate how far you have come + how much you’ve achieved.
40. Be playful + embrace your inner child.
41. Write a list of all the things that you like about you.
42. Dance around your living room.
43. Remember always that tomorrow is a new day where you can start over and choose who you want to be.
44. Live each day with intention.
45. Always pay attention to your surroundings, inspiration could strike at any moment.
46. Just be.
47. Learn to view your obstacles as an opportunity for you to see things in a new light.
48. Have the courage to follow your heart.
49. Carry a notebook around with you to jot down ideas. Inspiration could strike at any time.
50. Live your truth.
51. Distance yourself from people who are negative or who try and bring you down.
52. Discover your personal sense of style and wear clothes that make you feel amazing.
53. Let go of any unhealthy attachment to people or things.
54. Do things that make you feel alive.
55. Stop comparing yourself to others.
56. Be unapologetically you.
57. Take one step everyday that will propel you in the direction of your dreams.
58. Love your body + treat it with respect. It’s wholly yours and the only one you will ever have.
59. Gracefully let go of things that are not meant for you.
60. Learn to cook a signature dish really well + invite friends over to share it with you.
61. Make the choice to see the good in people.
62. Move your body everyday; expending energy will give you energy.
63. Find your tribe.
64. Write your goals and intentions down and refer to them often.
65. Be kind to everyone you meet.
66. Believe in yourself.
67. If you don’t like something then change it. Life is too short to spend time doing things that make you unhappy.
68. Don’t be afraid to feel your feelings fully. Life is full of ups and downs but learning to feel your way through the bad times will make you appreciate the good times even more.
69. Surround yourself with positive people.
70. Accept that there will never be a perfect time or a perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect.
71. Eat clean. Your body will thank you for this.
72. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
73. Free yourself of hatred, envy + jealously.
74. Accept your flaws, in fact, celebrate them – these makes you uniquely YOU.
75. Work hard to achieve your goals, but balance this with enjoying life.
76. Start before you’re ready.
77. Don’t be afraid of failure, see it as an opportunity for how you can do things differently next time.
78. Stop focusing on things that could go wrong. Focus on things that could go right.
79. Strive for greatness.
80. Don’t let time pass you by.
81. Instead of judging other people, try to understand them first.
82. Be authentic.
83. Never give up hope.
84. Give compliments freely.
85. Don’t dis-count small beginnings – everyone has to start somewhere.
86. Be the heroine in your own life.
87. Ask for what you want. This applies to all areas of your life – love, career, friendship.
88. Stop being the victim.
89. Be independent. Make your own decisions + stand by them.
90. Create healthy habits.
91. Identify any blocks in your life that are holding you back from achieving success + actively work to eliminate them.
92. Don’t run from your problems; face them head on.
93. Be generous.
94. Define your values + live by them.
95. Look for the silver lining.
96. Take responsibility for your life + your actions.
97. Create your own opportunities. Don’t wait for them to find you.
98. Always remember the best things in life don’t cost money – true friendship, laughter, happiness, love and a deep sense of fulfilment – cannot be bought.
99. Be honest. With yourself + others.
100. Know that it’s never too late to start again.