The 2020 Global Coaching Study has enormous relevance as a benchmark: It is the last and best possible snapshot of the
coaching industry, pre-pandemic. However, it is no longer a current snapshot. It is a picture of what was. To better understand
what is, ICF commissioned PwC to conduct this snapshot survey designed to assess the impact of the pandemic on the coaching
The goal of the survey was to collect up-to-date information on the state of the coaching industry worldwide, enabling
comparison with the findings published in the 2020 ICF Global Coaching Study.
The objectives of the survey were to identify:
• The prevalence of effects experienced by individual members of the coaching industry.
• The impact of the pandemic on key business indicators (i.e., income/revenue from coaching, fee per one-hour coaching
session, clients and weekly hours).
• Changes coach practitioners have made to their business practices, both in terms of the mix of services they offer and how
they interact with clients.
• Perspectives on how the coaching industry might change or adapt to the ongoing pandemic over the next six months.
• The major obstacles for the coaching industry over the next 12 months.
This report was designed as a supplement to the 2020 ICF Global Coaching Study. The Executive Summary of the 2020 ICF Global Coaching Study is available as a free download at
The Executive Summary presents the main findings from the study.
The Final Report, which offers detailed analysis and statistics is available for purchase at the same address.
Topics included in the Final Report:
• The Size and Scope of the Profession
• Summary Business Indicators
• Coach Practitioners
• Managers and Leaders Using Coaching Skills